My Choice: Rod Support System for a7s

The rod support system is the base on which we mount our still camera so we can attach all the necessary items we need to make it act like a pro-video camcorder. For fellas like me who are used to working with large pro camcorders they are a necessity.

I ran across a neat little rig on eBay. It turns out it's a Chines knock-off of a system designed by Edelkrone called the Pocket Rig. Edelkrone gave up on producing these ever since Chinese manufacturers started making them without permission.

Edelkrone doesn't sell them anymore, but you can still get them on eBay.
Folded Pocket Rig - Chinese knock-off
Shoulder brace and rods folds out for use



It's a pretty clever, extremely portable, rod system. It incorporates folding rods as well as a folding shoulder brace. I mount the camera with CUBE cage onto the Pocket Rig attach a matte box and follow focus and I'm ready to use on a tripod or I can fold-out the shoulder brace and use hand-held.

Below is the Sony a7s mounted on the Pocket Rig with the CUBE cage.
Here's the Pocket Rig with Sony a7s in a cage

I have NOT been given any of these products in exchange for positive reviews. These products have all been purchased and payed for by me with no help from these manufacturers.